2021-2022 Independent Study Pre-Registration
This form is closed.
Please contact your school site if you wish to participate in Independent Study program for the 2021-2022 school year.
Dear Keyes parents and guardians:
As we begin the 2021-22 school year, Keyes Union School District is committed to the principle value that all students must have access to safe and full in-person instruction and to as much instructional time as possible. This principle value to a safe environment is also applicable to our staff. The safety of our students and staff is the priority as we plan and prepare for the 2021-2022 school year.
Following California Department of Public Health (CDPH) and Stanislaus County Health Services Agency guidance, schools will operate with updated COVID-19 mitigation protocols which include:
· No masks required outdoors
· All students and staff required to wear masks indoors (unless meeting CDPH exemptions)
· No physical distancing required
· Optimal ventilation
· Hand hygiene
· Daily cleaning and disinfecting (when COVID-19 cases have been present)
· Illness protocols
· Contact tracing, quarantine, and isolation requirements
Updated guidance is a key step in the transition to normalcy with classroom teachers providing opportunities for in-person learning for all students. Our students will be allowed to interact socially. CDPH has at this time announced plans to review and update mask guidance in November.
As we look forward to welcoming our students back to campuses on August 11, Keyes Union is required to offer independent study to our non-charter school students as outlined in Assembly Bill 130 for specific cases where determined by a parent/guardian that their student’s health would be put at risk by in-person instruction. Families who meet these criteria may enroll their student in Keyes Union with an independent study option. The Keyes Union Independent Study 2021-22 program we will follow the description below.
Keyes Union Independent Study 2021-22
Updated Program in Alignment with Assembly Bill 130
*The Charter Program Is Not Subject to AB 130 Independent Study Mandates
Transitional Kindergarten- Grade 8
· For pupils in TK through grade 3, Keyes Union written policies include a plan to provide opportunities for daily synchronous instruction for all pupils throughout the school year.
· For pupils in grades 4 to 8, Keyes Union written policies include a plan to provide opportunities for both daily live interaction and at least weekly synchronous instruction for all pupils throughout the school year.
· For pupils in grades 9 to 12, written policies include a plan to provide opportunities for at least weekly synchronous instruction for all pupils throughout the school year.
*This does not apply to a pupil enrolled in Independent Study for fewer than 15 days.
Independent Study 2021-22 Information
• Parent/Guardian required to participate in conference prior to signing formal Independent Study contract.
• Keyes Union School District is required to monitor and track student progress.
• Tiered re-engagement strategies, including potential return to in-person learning when student fails to make satisfactory education progress.
• Student must participate in Independent Study engagement and/or instruction daily.
• Keyes Union School District must provide transition back to in-person learning no later than five instructional days after request.
Independent Study Commitment Survey
Survey will close on August 4, 2021