INTERDISTRICT TRANSFERS OUT OF KUSD
If a resident of the Keyes Union School District (KUSD) would like to request permission for their child to attend a school outside of the KUSD district boundaries, the parent/guardian must submit an Interdistrict Transfer Request Form. The request is to be submitted to the KUSD District Office. The requested district will make the final approval of the Interdistrict Transfer. If approved by the requested district, the Interdistrict Transfer Agreement is valid for a term of ONE school year and must be renewed for approval annually.
A School district of residence with an average daily attendance of 50,000 or less may limit the number of pupils transferring out to 3 percent of its current year estimated average daily attendance and may limit the maximum number of pupils transferring out for the duration of the program authorized by this article to 10 percent of the average daily attendance for that period. EC48307 (b)
If the percentage of district students admitted to other districts on the basis of parent/guardian employment exceeds the limits prescribed in Education Code 48204, The Board may deny any further transfers out of the district on this basis. EC48204 (B)
INTERDISTRICT TRANSFER GUIDELINES
“Interdistrict Transfers” (IDT) are required for students residing outside of Keyes Union School District boundaries, who wish to attend a KUSD school. The approved interdistrict releases must be received by the Keyes Union School District by May 1 to be considered. Please note that limitations in classroom space and district resources are primary factors in considering interdistrict transfer agreements. Keyes Union School District (KUSD) gets involved only AFTER the school district of residence approves to release students from their jurisdiction.
- Contact your school district of residence and obtain an interdistrict transfer (IDT) form.
- Once the completed form is reviewed and approved by the district of residence, a copy will be forwarded to KUSD.
- Annual approved IDT releases must be received by KUSD on or before May 1.
- New approved IDT releases must be received by KUSD on or before May 31.
- Upon receipt of the approved IDT request, KUSD may request attendance, academic and behavioral records. During the prior academic year students are required to have 95% or higher attendance, a minimum GPA of 2.5 and zero suspensions for violations of EC 48900.
- There is no guarantee that IDT requests will be approved by KUSD. Parents are strongly encouraged to keep their student enrolled at their home school until the IDT is approved.
- The IDT review process is, first and foremost, determined by the availability of space within Keyes USD.
- The application for an IDT can be denied due to overcrowding within Keyes USD schools or limited district resources. KUSD will send written notification to the parent/legal guardian and the student's district of residence as to whether the application has been accepted or rejected within 30 days of receipt.
- KUSD will notify the parent/legal guardian submitting a future year request of its decision as soon as possible, but not later than August 15.
- Parents or legal guardians have the right to appeal to the District Board of Trustees within 30 calendar days from the final date of denial.
- IDT agreements shall be granted for a term of ONE school year and must be renewed for approval annually. (KUSD reserves the right to rescind an interdistrict transfer at any time during the school year for behavioral or attendance issues.)